Many people dream of having long, gorgeous, flowing locks, but don’t know how to make that dream a reality. We are here to help!
- Washing Routine – Washing your hair too often or with super hot water can lead to dry, brittle hair and hair breakage. Try washing your hair no more than 3 times a week in the coldest water you can stand. If you can’t tolerate cold shower water, at the very minimum do a cold water rinse on your hair at the end.
- Dry Gently – Your hair is most fragile when it is wet, so be gentle! Instead of using a brush on wet hair, detangle with your fingers or a wide toothed comb. If you like to wrap your hair turban style while it is drying, be sure to use a thin soft microfiber hair towel instead of a large, rough bath towel. Or better yet, use an old, soft t-shirt!
- Trim it Up – It’s called preventative maintenance. If you don’t trim off the split ends, the damage will creep up your hair shaft requiring you to cut even more off the next time you go in! So when you spy split ends, it may mean it is time for a trim.
- From the Inside Out – Did you know the condition of your skin, hair and nails can be a reflection of your health? The health and length of your hair starts with what you put in your body. So stay hydrated, eat a balanced diet, get plenty of sleep and ask your doctor if you need a multi-vitamin.
- Additional Tidbits:
- Sleep on a silk pillowcase to avoid tangles and breakage.
- Remember conditioner is your friend – use liberally.
- Scalp massages can increase blood flow to your follicle and encourage growth.
- Change up your ponytail placement to maintain the integrity of your strands as they are growing out.
The best way to increase hair growth is to make sure your hair remains healthy and strong while growing it out. Let us know if you have any questions – we want you to have the hair you desire!