The Beauty Bar Happy Hour For a Cause
On Friday, October 9th, we hope you can join us from 6:30 pm – 8:30pm at The Beauty Bar in Baton Rouge as we host a Happy Hour for a Cause, benefiting Alzheimer’s Services of the Capital Area, we’ll have a silent auction, door prizes, sips, bites, sweets, chair massages jazz music and more.
A Brief History and What They Do
What started as an informational meeting by a Baton Rouge neurologist and his nurse in 1983, has grown into the only non-profit that provides support and education to ten parishes in Southern Louisiana, and over 20,000 people that have the disease. Alzheimer’s Services of the Capital Area supports individuals, families and caregivers as they cope with Alzheimer’s or a related disorder.
- They offer education and training on Alzheimer’s disease, and dementia
- Support services for the memory-impaired, doctors and caregivers
- Host a Resource Library
- Telephone Help Line
- Social activities for families and patients
- Programs to raise community awareness
- Charlie’s Place Respite Center
Charlie’s Place Respite Center
Charlie’s Place Respite Center is a program for individuals with early to mild-stage Alzheimer’s and dementia-related disorders. The program offers qualified participants a place where they can enjoy a purposeful, six-hour day full of activities designed to provide cognitive stimulation and social interaction while giving caregivers a much-needed break.
- For more information – http://www.alzbr.org/charliesplace.cfm
- To view a sample of past events – http://www.alzbr.org/dynaengine/loadDocument.cfm?site=1002133&doc=CP%20AUG%202015%20CAL%2Epdf
Supported solely by private and corporate donations, Alzheimer’s Services of the Capital Area is a local, non-profit organization. All funds received, remain in the local area because we are not affiliated with any other organization. Your gift to this organization is tax deductible, it is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Alzheimer’s Fast Facts
- Alzheimer’s is the only cause of death in the top ten in America that cannot be prevented, cured or slowed.
- Almost 2/3 of Americans with Alzheimer’s disease are women.
- 1 in 3 senior citizens dies with Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia.
- Alzheimer’s is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States.
- Every 67 seconds, someone in the United States develops the disease.
We hope you can join us for a fun-filled evening for a very important cause.